Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: OT:Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    OT:Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?

    Just for fun...........

    aedc13432Df6492D47ec2Dbce12D46efa001d7b2IMG5F0849.JPG

    Described as being 11" x 11", so I'm thinking 8" single drivers. They look like that came from a school to me. I see one cabinet has a eye bolt screwed into it. It's been awhile since I've purchased anything and these went cheap on a local online auction. I thought, why not, it could be a pair of 755a

    I'll pick them up in the next day or two, and report back. In the mean time, what are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Altec Best; August 8th, 2013 at 06:30 PM. Reason: Title Fix...
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT:Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?

    like opening up a christmas present. will it be a baseball glove? or socks.
    Sonic Barbarian

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member cradeldorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 16th, 2010
    Location
    Muskegon Mi.
    Posts
    1,334
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?

    Until we hear back I'm gonna go with the Holy Grail!!!. Good Luck Buddy.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT:Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?


    alancohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2012
    Location
    Hunterdon Cty, NJ
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?

    If they're not 755as, You might hope they are a pair of these



    Electro Voice Pro 8A. They sound incredible.

    Even on computer speakers they sound awesome, but through headphones they're out of this world.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?

    I didn't get over there today. I'm hoping work takes me over that way tomorrow.

    I did a Google search on those EV's. What time frame do they come from? They look fairly new, or is the name still in use for a modern but different product?
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT:Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?


    alancohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2012
    Location
    Hunterdon Cty, NJ
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?

    I was surprised to learn that they are a current model. They are their top of the line ceiling speakers, but they have large voice coils and sound amazing. There's a guy on eBay selling them for $129/pair with a starting bid at $99. I went $99 and won a pair. As soon as I'm done playing with my subs I'm going to put them in my Frazier cabs and see what they do.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: OT: Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?

    Quote Originally Posted by alancohen View Post
    I was surprised to learn that they are a current model. They are their top of the line ceiling speakers, but they have large voice coils and sound amazing. There's a guy on eBay selling them for $129/pair with a starting bid at $99. I went $99 and won a pair. As soon as I'm done playing with my subs I'm going to put them in my Frazier cabs and see what they do.
    EV keeps a lot of old literature on their website. Are you sure these aren't NOS? In the ebay auction that I found, the drivers said "Buchanon, MI" on the motors. EV hasn't been in Buchanon for awhile.
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT:Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?


    alancohen's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 26th, 2012
    Location
    Hunterdon Cty, NJ
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

  9. #9
    HB Super Moderator
    OT:Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: OT:Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?

    Would be a sweet find if there are some 755's lurking behind door number 2

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member
    OT:Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?


    Phil-G's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 1st, 2013
    Location
    restaurant at the end of the universe
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

    Re: OT:Want to guess what speakers I just won at auction?

    Quote Originally Posted by Altec Best View Post
    Would be a sweet find if there are some 755's lurking behind door number 2
    i'm really happy with my Es. keeping my fingers crossed for VOT.
    Last edited by Phil-G; August 8th, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
    Sonic Barbarian

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.